- Amarillo, Texas
- Annual Salary $39,620.00 – $72,872.00
- Job ID
Description, duties, responsibilities
$1,500 – $3,000 Sign-On Bonus
Competitive Pay & Benefits
Potential Earnings $39,620 – $72,873 annually
IAC is looking for experienced aircraft painters and/or individuals who want a career in aviation aircraft painting!
IAC is the global leader in aircraft painting, interiors, and graphics. With nine (9) state-of-the-art facilities across the USA and Europe, IAC has capacity for 22 lines of aircraft and processes 1000+ paint events per year. IAC works in all segments of the aviation industry, including OEM, commercial, military, and general aviation. European headquarters are based at Shannon Airport, County Clare, Ireland, with US headquarters based in Irvine, California.
For non-experienced painters, we offer an exciting 26-week paid training program where you will learn the skills to become an apprentice aircraft painter. The program will consist of mostly hands on training with just a little classroom setting. You do not need any experience just a willingness to work hard and learn the process.
If hired, the position starts out at an hourly rate of $14.00 ($29,120 annually), increasing with tenure and experience up to $25.75 ($53,560 annually), not including overtime. Our career progression program offers salary increased at four different stages upon satisfactory review. After completion of each level, you move to the next Painter level.
Once you graduate to the Painter 2 level you increase your pay as you demonstrate specific tasks until you are promoted to a Painter 3 level. You can process all the way up to a Painter 4 level and/or a Lead position. So, as you can see there is great opportuning to increase your pay and grow!
If you have aircraft experience your starting rate will depend on your experience and you will continue to earn as you completed satisfactory stages as well.
And there is more:
- Benefits available the 1st of the month after sixty days. These benefits include, medical, dental, vision, life insurance ($15,000), short-term disability, long-term disability, accidental death, supplemental life.
- Our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits including a choice from four medical plan options with a low employee cost starting at $15.49 twice monthly
- 401K – 4% match, dollar to dollar ($2,300 – $4,285 annually, including match).
- Participation in our employee referral program once you come on board.
- We have secured long-term business, you will work 40 hours per week, with the potential to earn more, if you choose, you can work up to ten (10) additional hours per week ($10,500 – $19,313 annually).
Reasons you will love working for IAC:
- Career development: Many of our entry-level employees become advanced aircraft painters by following our career progression packet. Our employees can learn at their own speed. There are also opportunities to advance into supportive positions such as quality control, mechanics, leads and management. How far our employees go is up to them!
- Earn while you learn: IAC training is provided on-the-clock.
- Work inside: Our work is conducted within airplane hangars.
Here are some of the things you will learn while being paid:
- The best aviation industry paint prepping practices including preparing surfaces for painting and protecting surfaces and components from chemical erosion during the paint stripping and sanding process. Including sealing and masking surfaces and components to prevent damage from the liquid paint stripper.
- Physically sanding paint without removing the metal structure of the aircraft according to FAA regulations.
- Fundamentals of aerospace coating (painting) applications by top aerospace painters.
- Application of livery markings (paint design).
- Equipment operation, such as forklifts.
- The basic safety protocol for working on/around aircraft.
- Learn to properly use and disposal of chemicals and materials according to OSHA regulations.
You do need to pass a background check and drug test prior to employment!
Aircraft you will work on: United Airlines, Southwest Airlines, American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Air Canada, and many more.
Be sure to watch our time-lapsed videos of aircraft being painted at www.iac.aero.
International Aerospace Coatings (IAC) is the worlds leading aviation specialist painting company. We work with International airlines, private operators and aviation leasing companies across the globe to provide tailor made aircraft painting, interior refurbishment and graphic solutions that ensure regulatory compliance globally. We currently run 16 sites, 6 of which have wide body aircraft capacity and each year we paint over 1000 aircraft across our facilities. Our European headquarters are based at Shannon Airport, County Clare, Ireland, with our US headquarters located in Spokane, Washington. Please feel free to review more information regarding IAC at http://www.aic.aero.