At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Engineering / Technical
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nations most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
We currently employ more than 2,700 people across 14 sites in Australia and three international locations and have a range of opportunities available as we plan for future growth.
We are now recruiting for the position of a Qualified Flying Instructor (QFI) to join the Aircrew Training Capability in Boeing Defence Australia (BDA). This position will support the Helicopter Aircrew Training System (HATS) in Nowra NSW, operating the EC135 T2+. The QFI is primarily responsible for the conduct of ab-initio pilot helicopter flying instruction.
- Conduct flight instruction
- Conduct ground instruction, briefings and lectures
- Operate Training Aircraft and Training Equipment (live and synthetic devices)
- Update trainee records
- Brief the Pilot Training Officer on trainee progress
- Mentor trainees
- Review trainee progress in ground Training events and assessments
- Update Aircraft records
- Maintain aircrew qualifications and currency requirements in accordance with SI(NA) as amended by Special Flying Instructions (SFIs) issued by HQFAA
- Conduct Secondary Missions
- Conduct Primary SAR operations as part of Primary SAR Support
- Provide flying supervision to trainees
- Review and recommend changes to Training packages and courseware
- Provide support to all JHS Winching and Load lifting Training evolutions
- Perform other duties, as required by the Pilot Training Officer
- Provide written and verbal pre-briefs and debriefs to students
- Participate in external evaluations (including safety related investigations)
- Assist the HATS Training Manager as required for BDA related activities
- Comply with the WHS-related JHS OIP to ensure a safe workplace
- Be aware of, and demonstrate a commitment to, the principles of equal opportunity in the workplace
- Current CASA Class 1 Medical and ability to maintain the requirements of this medical certificate
- CASA Commercial Pilot Licence (Helicopter) – CPL(H) (minimum)
- CASA Command Instrument Rating (Helicopter), or military equivalent
- CASA Night Visual Flight Rules Rating, or military equivalent
- CASA Night Vision Imaging System (NVIS) rating, or military equivalent
- CASA Sling Load and Winching Operations Endorsement, or military equivalent
- CASA Flying Instructor (Helicopter) Grade 2 rating, or military equivalent
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Must have clear and effective English written and verbal communication skills in a stressful flying environment
- Must have current Competency Standard HLTAID003 – Provide first aid
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully interact with co-workers, maintaining productive working relationships to meet team, business unit and organisational goals
- Be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety procedures
- Intermediate to advanced level of MS Office skills
- Be able to obtain and maintain a baseline defence security clearance
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
- Military flying instruction experience
- Ab-initio flying experience
- EC135 flying experience
- Instructional experience in synthetic devices
- Experience in a safety management role
- Experience working in a contractor environment (directly with customer)
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. Were committed to fostering an environment for every teammate thats welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
Boeing Defence Australia specific site positions will have physical requirements which are applicable. Physical requirements are outlined by the recruitment manager in consultation with the Environment Health & Safety Department. A formal assessment of the physical requirements will need to be completed through the Environment Health & Safety Department for specific roles which would then reflect into the position description.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
In accordance with the Boeing Australia COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Controls Policy,all new Boeing Australia Employees must provide their COVID-19 vaccination proof or valid medical exemption which must be approved by Boeing.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.