- Orlando, Florida
- Job ID
Description, duties, responsibilities
National Airlines is currently searching for a: Crew Scheduler
National Airlines, based in Orlando, FL, operates scheduled service, charter passenger and cargo services worldwide. The Crew Scheduler ensures the proper, efficient, safe and economical assignments of flight crews using company guidelines and Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs).
· Plan flight and ground assignments to National Airlines Pilots and Cabin Crew as per FAA regulations
· Manage Pilots & Cabin Crew roster changes on a day-to-day basis
· Ensure National Airlines Crew Management is briefed on critical issues pertaining to Crew rosters.
· Act as the first point of contact with regards to Crew Scheduling section.
· Act as the point of contact with Crew with regards to Crew Rosters.
· Ensure all relevant documentation are kept up to date
· Analyze changes those take place and brief Duty Manager on knock-on effect with regards to crew movements.
· Ensure Crew Scheduling system is always updated
· Arrange travel and hotel accommodation for personnel involved in flying National Airlines flights
· Coordinates crew availability for training events with Flight Operations and Inflight Training
Supervisor Responsibility: No
Work Hours – Shift
Qualifications & Experience:
· High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma
· Experience in resource / manpower planning or forecasting
· One year of crew scheduling in aviation industry is preferred
· Strong knowledge of FARs pertaining to FAA crew duty regulations preferred
· Proficient using Microsoft Office applications
· One year of experience using resource / manpower software preferred
· Must pass a background check which could include fingerprinting, a pre-employment drug test, and criminal history records check (CHRC)
· Must be legally authorized to work in the country in which the position is located
· Analytical thinking
· Problem solving & decision making
· Attention to detail
· Time management
· Process oriented
· Forward planning
· Thinking on the feet
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Effective communication
National Air Cargo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions or other conditions of employment or career development. We take affirmative steps to hire and advance females, racial minorities, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. We offer Reasonable Accommodations where necessary to candidates for employment and to our qualified employees with disabilities.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Job Type: Full-time
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
With more than 800 employees worldwide, the National Family offers rewarding opportunities for professional growth through our affiliate organizations National Air Cargo and National Airlines. We invite you to become a part of our award-winning team, and contribute to meaningful work in aviation, transportation, and global logistics. As a National professional, you will enjoy competitive wages and exceptional benefits, plus you will work side-by-side with like-minded colleagues in a corporate environment that maintains strong core values, a relentless commitment to customer service, and an unwavering dedication to excellence.
At National, we promote talent from within, and cultivate a culture where outstanding merit is met with meaningful reward. We provide the tools and training needed for ongoing professional growth, and facilitate development of new skills to meet changing requirements. We value achievement, and recognize those who go above and beyond to ensure mission success. If you share our commitment to providing the utmost care for passengers, cargo and customers, then we invite you to Go National.
National Airlines is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.