- College Park, Maryland
- Job ID
Description, duties, responsibilities
HQ Aero is currently recruiting for a HELICOPTER TECHNICIAN – BELL 206/412 OFFSITEin COLLEGE PARK MD
The Bell 206/412 Helicopter Technician reports to the Offsite Maintenance Helicopter Supervisor and is responsible for the scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance on two Bell 412EP and one 206L3 helicopters as required in an operational environment; operates in compliance with company safety practices and performs other duties as assigned.
- Accomplishing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on the airframe and its systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair discrepancies on helicopters as they arise.
- Maintenance of associated ground equipment.
- Perform compressor rinses or washes in accordance with manufacturers recommendations.
- Wash helicopters as required.
- Participate in maintenance flights as required.
- Perform incidental travel as required and accompany helicopters to the maintenance facility as needed.
- Assist with aircraft fueling as required.
- Track aircraft and component inspection overhauls and time/life requirements via maintenance tracking program.
- Maintain and keep aircraft records current and organized.
- Communicate with factory technical representatives effectively when required.
- Inspect test repair maintain and service aircraft.
- Read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Disassemble and inspect parts for wear warping or other defects.
- Assemble and install electrical plumbing mechanical hydraulic and structural components and accessories using hand tools and power tools.
- Adjust align and calibrate aircraft systems using hand tools gauges and test equipment.
- Test engine and system operations using testing equipment and listens to engine sounds to detect and diagnose malfunctions.
- Service and maintain aircraft systems by performing tasks in accordance with the manufacturers technical data.
- Perform maintenance IAW FAA approved technical data.
- Be familiar with FAA technical data relevant to assigned tasks.
- Interface with Program Manager assigned to USPP program as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications Experience and Requirements:
- To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A holder of an FAA mechanic certificate with airframe and power plant ratings.
- Be trained at a factory-approved course or have at least 1 years experience in maintaining Bell 206 and 212/412 series helicopters preferred.
- Knowledge of design techniques principles tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans blueprints drawings and models.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Standard Aviation Tool Kit required.
- Criminal Background Check and Compliant to FAA Drug and Alcohol screening checks are mandatory.
- Full-time Contract
- Schedule – Monday to Friday – 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Customer Service: Ability to be personable and professional while working directly with the customer on a daily basis.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standard situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully an individual should have the ability to interact with and enter data into spreadsheets and Maintenance Tracking software. Ability to communicate effectively through company e-mail.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to work effectively and contribute in a team environment and self-direct work.
Physical Requirements: This position requires the ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. and work in seated or standing positions for prolonged periods of time.
Working Environment: The working environment is not climate controlled and is weather permitting. Daily contact with employees in other departments is required. Daily contact with Customer is required.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully an individual must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected by the successful applicant. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities required of the successful applicant. The successful applicant may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Supply Technician Maryland Line MD
Navy Aviation Support Equipment Technician Subject Matter Expert 12942 1 Aberdeen Proving Ground MD
Cryogenics Technician Greenbelt MD
Senior Network Operations Center Technician Annapolis MD
Aircraft Logs And Records Technician MD
Inspection Technician Silver Spring MD
Aerospace Production Technician Ii Silver Spring MD
Avionics Engineering Technician Lexington Park MD
Avionics Technician California MD
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered – current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.