At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Information Technology and Data Analytics (IT & DA) Program and Contract Services Organization is seeking a high performing, versatile IT Programmer Analyst to join the Defense Tech Data Services team in Mesa – AZ. This organization supports and provides comprehensive software solutions used to develop and deploy Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM) for the global AH-64 Apache helicopter fleet.
- The role involves leading and performing the design, program, test, implementation and documentation of complex computing applications, leading analysis of end user processes to define application requirements, writing and compiling complex code based on documented design or designs application architecture that integrates application software and delivery subsystems for specific applications
- Identifying and resolving complex programming or application architecture problems and recommending improvements.
- A successful candidate will assist with the development, maintenance, and support of the Change Management, Authoring, and Provisioning applications along with the additional integrated applications required in the delivered IETM.
- A qualified applicant will be able to work independently as a developer and function effectively in a complex and varied domain.
- Team structure varies as agile teams are established for software enhancements with a mix of independent activities to support the bi-annual technical manual delivery processes.
- Good communication skills are needed both verbally and written, to interact with peers and customers.
- Job requires the ability to work well with others on a team, as well as independently.
- This role requires working within a diverse team of skilled and motivated co-workers to collaborate on results.
- Other qualities for this candidate are a positive attitude, self-motivated, the ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- In addition, support is provided to the US Army and 15 Foreign Military Sales customers (FMS) for the Apache and the Little Bird helicopter programs.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate may be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Object Oriented Programming (e.g. Java, C#, Perl)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with database development (Oracle and/or SQL)
- Exposure, or even a passion for learning/working with cloud technology
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience, 9 years related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $93,500.00–$126,500.00
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.