- Sublette, Kansas
- Job ID
Description, duties, responsibilities
$5K STIPEND Offered for Garden City KS!
“What we do is all about whom we do it for.”
Air Methods is a team of caring innovative and collaborative individuals with one purpose – to save lives every day. Theres a dedication to our mission that is palpable. We value the diversity of backgrounds ideas opinions and life experiences that our team members bring. We selectively hire people who consider themselves high-achievers and those that have empathy. We all share the intrinsic motivation to be of service to others; patient advocacy is in our DNA. Our values create an open and transparent culture where we instill mutual trust autonomy and outside-the-box thinking.
1980 Roy Morgan founded Air Methods after a personal experience convinced him that properly equipped and staffed air medical service helicopters were a must. With one helicopter and a single hospital contract in Colorado he pledged his commitment to safety and outstanding patient care. Today we hold those same values and are always ready to respond when it matters most. Annually we conduct around 100000 transports amassing over 15000 flight hours.
What you get to do:
As an Aviation Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for performing maintenance repairs inspections and alterations of Company operated aircraft. You will ensure company operational goals are met while guaranteeing all aircraft maintenance documentation is in compliance with FAA regulations company policies and applicable maintenance manuals. During the day you will:
- Perform inspections and repairs of aircraft/components in accordance with maintenance procedures airworthiness directives service bulletins service letters and applicable FAA regulations
- Be responsible for correcting compliance or safety issues when directed by the Director of Operations Director of Maintenance Chief Pilot Director of Safety or Lead Mechanic
- Perform maintenance on 145 shops support equipment
- Advise the Pilot in Command of any maintenance issues that would take an aircraft out of service
- Ensure all maintenance documentation is in compliance
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement phase (level 4) of the companys Safety Management System and be familiar with the SMS policies processes and procedures
- Other Duties as assigned.
Traits that would make you successful:
- You enjoy working in a team environment and building strong working relationships
- You have the ability to multi- task in a fast paced constantly changing environment
- You have strong communication skills and have the ability to be creative and have strong troubleshooting capabilities
- You have experience with electrical troubleshooting and refined vibration- balancing and sheet metal/composite repairs
- You are able to read and understand various documents such as 337s service bulletins ADs etc and are able to utilize manuals to navigate through needed data
- You should be comfortable with a variety of computer programs and have the capabilities to learn new
What you will bring to the team:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Factory Airframe/power plant schools preferred
- FAR 135 operations experience preferred
- Previous experience with RAMCO preferred
- Ability to successfully pass FAA mandated Drug and Alcohol Test
- FAA A&P License in good standing- REQUIRED
- Inspection Authorization (IA) preferred
- Valid Drivers License REQUIRED
Perks of working for Air Methods:
- Competitive pay based on prior experience you bring to the team
- Air Methods provides a comprehensive benefits package. We believe our benefits should be as diverse as our teammates. We offer competitive medical dental and vision coverage along with voluntary accident hospitalization and critical illness coverage short and long term disability life and AD&D time off programs pretax and Roth 401(k) with a generous company match tuition reimbursement profession training and certifications dependent care support EAP and concierge services to name just some of what we have to offer.
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability or protected veteran status.
- Factory airframe/power plant schools strongly preferred
- FAR 135 strongly preferred
Licenses and Certifications Required
- Drivers License
- AP Mechanic
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about discussed or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge (b) in furtherance of an investigation proceeding hearing or action including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Pilot Fixed Wing Lifesave Ulysses KS
Pilot Rotor Wing Off Duty Housing Available Manter KS
Principal Military Trainer Fixed Wing Aviation Work Cell Instr With Securit Ft Leavnwrth KS
Ah 64 Aircraft Mechanic Ii Rearrm Ft Riley Ks Ft Riley KS
Np Pilot Rotor Wing Parsons Ks Parsons KS
Pilot Rotor Wing Off Duty Housing Available Garden City KS
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered – current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.