At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
BDUK is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,700 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK Defence customers including E-7 AEW & C, P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISTAR Services, Through Life Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services. Boeing Defence UK is looking for Training Systems Senior Engineer (Systems Engineer) to be based at Middle Wallop with hybrid working options.
You will join a small team of highly experienced training system SMEs who provide engineering expertise across the business. We are currently developing and operating training services for Boeing C-17, Apache, Chinook, P-8 and E-7 aircraft. In addition, BDUK are developing the core systems and services that support the UK’s future collective training service known as Gladiator.
While the role will be based at one of our primary sites it is likely that some travel will be required, especially as we stand up new training services. Interaction with customers and stakeholders will be part of this role. It will also include liaising with and providing technical oversight of suppliers (e.g. developing Supplier Statements of Work and specifications, monitoring supplier technical progress). This is a senior engineer role reporting directly to the Head of Training Engineering for BDUK.
- Primarily responsible for bringing into service Rotor craft training systems and devices
- Technical Planning – Elements of technical planning and programme monitoring and control to facilitate programme milestone delivery within time and budget (e.g. development of engineering plans, progress, reporting, management of metrics and baselines, configuration and data management, technical input to risks and opportunities)
- Requirements Analysis – Decomposition of the TNA into detailed requirements for each element of the training service
- Trade Studies – Comparative analysis of options comparing costs, schedules, risk and compliance to inform selection of the optimum solution
- Procurement Support – Technical support to our Supply Chain function during the selection of supplier
- Test and Evaluation – Development and execution of detailed test and validation strategies and plan to ensure each element meets the training need
- Support – Ongoing support to the site technicians in the operation, maintence, update and modification of elements of the training system
Preferred Competencies and Experience:
- Significant experience in synthetic training ideally in a rotor craft in the military aviation context
- Preferably educated to degree level in a relevant Engineering subject
- Familiarity with the principles of Systems Engineering
- Ideally experience of writing procurement technical specifications
- Familiarity with MoD policy such as JSP-822 and JSP-939 is highly desirable
- Familiarity with modelling and simulation tools (such as VBS, VRForces, Simulink etc as well as standards (such as CIGI, HAL etc) is highly desirable
- Familiarity with one or more specialist disciplines (e.g.,safety, security, human factors, logistic support etc) in a synthetic training equipment context is highly desirable
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security Clearance.
Visa Status and Relocation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Relocation benefits are not available. Successful candidates must have existing / ability to obtain legal authorisation to work in the UK for continued employment.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.